Safe together in Ski amadé
Information about Covid-19
CURRENT INFORMATION: Temporary lockdown in Austria
In Austria, there is a temporary lockdown since Monday, November 22nd until – according to the current status – December 12th 2021 at the latest.
According to the regulation of the federal government, ski resorts are allowed to be open during the lockdown.
Accommodation facilities and restaurants (except take-aways) are closed during the lockdown. After December 13th, the lockdown continues to apply to unvaccinated or unrecognized people (analogous to the 2G regulation that has been in effect since November 8th).
You can find more information at our Winter operating times.
Corona safety measures for winter operation in Ski amadé
The 2G rule currently applies to skiing (vaccinated or recovered)
From the end of the current lockdown, the 2G rule (vaccinated or recovered) will probably also apply to the hotel and catering industry.
- There is currently an Austria-wide lockdown - hotels and restaurants (except takeaways) are currently closed. However, skiing will be possible from the opening of the lifts for all who can provide proof of 2G (vaccinated, recovered).
- A necessary Covid proof must be provided for the use of the cable cars. "Necessary covid proof" stands on this page as a designation for: Evidence of a low epidemiological risk. Evidence types could be: a vaccination, recovery or testing depending on current guidelines.
- There will be hardly any restrictions for the vaccinated and the recovered. Any measures will mainly affect the unvaccinated, those who are vaccinated should have easier access to all winter holiday areas (Possible exceptions may come into effect due to a lockdown).
- A mask (see "Where do I have to wear a mask?") has to be worn permanent in all cable cars and chair lifts with a weather protection hood as well as in all stations by everybody from the age of 6.
- According to current knowledge, there will be no more capacity restrictions, distancing rules or earlier closing hours.
- Measures are regulated by a 3-step plan, which depends on the occupancy of intensive care beds by Covid patients in Austria.
Level 1 = from 10 % occupancy
Level 2 = from 15 % occupancy
Level 3 = from 20 % occupancy
Level 4 = from 25 % occupancy (this level will be activated by the 15th of November 2021)
Level 5 = from 30 % occupancy
Detailed information on what type of Covid proof is valid for entry, what form you need to fill out for entry, as well as the list of countries from which you can currently enter without quarantine can be found here.
Lift pass purchase information
- Currently, a 2G certificate (vaccinated or recovered) must be provided in order to use the cable cars.
- Lift passes can be bought easily and at any time in the Ski amadé online ticket shop or at the ticket offices on site.
- All guests must always have valid Covid proof of the current level with them when entering the ski area. The control or linking of ticket and the necessary Covid proof is done either online (portal currently still being worked out) or on site at the lift ticket offices or lift access points.
- According to current knowledge, children up to the age of 12 do not have to provide the necessary Covid proof.
- BioNTech / Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca: 9 months after receiving the second or third vaccination
- Johnson / Johnson: valid until 02.01.2022, then a second vaccination is needed
- Recovery 1/1 Vaccinated: 9 months
- All vaccines not approved in Austria (e.g. Sputnik V): not valid
- Transition period until incl. 5.12.2021: Until then, access is also possible with initial vaccination and additional PCR test.
- Proof of recovery or separation notice: valid for up to 6 months (180 days) after the end of the quarantine. A separation notice or a medical confirmation of an infection confirmed by molecular biology serve as proof
- From the completed 12th year a Covid proof is required: vaccinated or recovered
- A Corona test passport (Ninja Passport - issued at Austrian schools) replaces the 2G proof (vaccinated or recovered) for school-age children and adolescents from the age of 12 (up to the completed 9th grade), during the whole week - i.e. also on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Prerequisite: The scheduled test intervals must be adhered to.
- During vacations (school-free period), children and adolescents for whom the Austrian Ninja Pass is also valid can provide proof of 2G by means of a valid negative PCR test.
- According to the current state of knowledge, the Ninja Pass is also valid during the Lockdown
1. Online – Web portal
Link your Ski amadé Winter season ticket or ticket purchased online to the 2G proof from the comfort of your own home.
Prerequisite: ticket + digital 2G proof.
Link ski ticket with 2G proof now
2. Ticket / Pickup machine*
Here you can link the ticket directly with your 2G proof.
Requirement: ticket + digital 2G proof.
3. Cashier’s desk*
The ticket can also be activated directly at the ski pass cash desks.
Prerequisite: 2G proof.
* Please inform yourself about the possibilities of the individual ski resorts.
The verification of your 2G proof or the activation of your ticket has to be done separately before entering the respective ski resort. Please keep your 2G proof ready for possible checks at all times for the duration of your stay in the ski area. Information on data protection can be found here.
The ski pass is only activated for the period of validity of your necessary Covid proof. After expiration you will then need to provide a new Covid certificate (online or on site) in order to continue using the season ticket.
What is the procedure if the ski pass is issued/sold via third parties? (Group trips, ski school courses, school trips, etc.)?
If lift tickets are issued by third parties (e.g. by teachers for school ski courses, etc.), this third party can carry out the control of the necessary Covid proof if this has been contractually agreed with the sales point (cable car company) in advance.
The third party works for the lift operator and the Covid certificate does not have to be presented every time the cable car is used.
- Up to the age of 6, masks are not compulsory.
- Up to the age of 14, a tight-fitting mouth and nose protection is sufficient.
- From the age of 14, FFP2 masks are mandatory
Covid proof requirement
- Up to the age of 12, there is no obligation to provide proof of Covid.
- From the completed 12th year of life, a 2G proof is required: vaccinated or recovered.
- A Corona test passport (Ninja Passport – issued at Austrian schools) replaces the 2G proof for school-age children and adolescents from the age of 12 (up to the completed 9th grade) during the whole week – i.e. also on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Prerequisite: The scheduled test intervals must be adhered to. During vacations (school-free period), children and adolescents for whom the Austrian Ninja Pass is also valid can provide proof of 2G by means of a valid negative PCR test. According to current knowledge, the Ninja Pass is also valid during the lockdown.
Corona security measures valid from November 08, 2021
Overview Corona regulations (from November 08)
|FFP2 + Mouth/nose protection*||2G Vaccinated Recovered**||Other regulations|
|Access/bridge area and use of gondolas and lifts||Yes||Yes|
|Ticket offices | Infocenter||Yes||No|
|Gastronomy – huts and restaurants||Registration obligation from 15 minutes dwell time Currently closed due to lockdown, except take away.|
|Hotels||Currently closed due to lockdown.|
|Public buses | Bus stops||Yes||No|
|Intersport-Rent and other stores||Currently closed due to lockdown.|
Corona safety measures for ski operation
In order to guarantee the safety of all, the following regulations currently apply to the lifts:
- A FFP2 maskhas to be worn permanent in all cable cars and chair lifts with a weather protection hood as well as in all stations by everybody from the age of 14.
- Moreover, there is a permanent compulsory use of FFP2 mask in all enclosed rooms like buildings, toilets, in all public transport and while queuing in enclosed buildings.
- Children from the age of 6 to the age of 14 are allowed to wear a close-fitting mechanical protective device (MNS) that covers the mouth and nose area instead of the FFP2-mask.
- In order to guarantee everybody’s safety, the requirement to wear a FFP2 mask in the prescribed areas applies, without exception, to every guest over the age of six.
Guests will be required to show proof of 2G: So you must be either vaccinated or recovered to use the lifts from November 15th. Furthermore, the wearing of an FFP2 mask (see "Where do I have to wear a mask?") is mandatory in closed rolling stock and stations.
All cable cars and lifts will be aired as best as possible – Please ensure you air adequately during your ride (open windows, open the weather protection cover, etc.).
All lift facilities (cable cars, chairlifts,…) will be regularly disinfected.
All cable cars and lifts can be filled to a capacity of 100%.
Disinfection possibilities are in the toilet facilities and at the ticket office area.
Guests will be made aware of the current Corona safety regulations by means of signs and loudspeaker announcements on site.
- Currently there is the 3G rule in the workplace. All cable car employees are either recovered, vaccinated or Antigen or PCR tested.
- All cable car employees are required to wear a FFP2 mask in closed vehicles and stations in contact with customers.
- The employees of the cable car companies are trained or instructed in accordance with uniform guidelines and regulations on the Corona safety measures.
- All employees of the cable car companies are subjected to regular health checks. In the event of suspicion, tests are carried out immediately and the employees are immediately isolated from the company organization.
- The cable car companies each have an employee responsible for Corona who is responsible for planning and implementing the measures.
Hotels & Accommodation
Currently, accommodations for tourist stays are expected to be closed until December 12, 2021 due to the Austria-wide lockdown.
Huts & Gastronomy
Currently, due to the Austria-wide lockdown, catering establishments are expected to be closed until December 12, 2021 (with the exception of take-away).
Important information about the winter season
We have carefully researched the information currently available on skiing operations and skiing holidays based on the ordinance of the Austrian Federal Government. However, Ski amadé is not an authority and cannot provide legally binding information. For further details on the current legal provisions in connection with Corona, please refer to an extensive FAQ on the website of the Ministry of Health or on the official EU page.
Please respect the measures and comply with them for a safe coexistence.
All information will be continuously updated. Last update on 07.12.2021.
The current legal regulations apply. All information is subject to change.
All contents of this page have been compiled in the best of the editor's knowledge and belief. All contents and information may be subject to alterations. State regulations form the legal basis for operation. Information and material regarding protective measures have been provided by the Austrian Chamber of Commerce – Division Ropeways.