Arrival by car
Arrival by car
In Austria it is compulsory to display a motorway toll sticker (Vignette) on all motorways. Toll stickers can be purchased at rest stops and service stations
You are obliged to carry a warning vest for everyone in the car
There are some additional charges for tunnels and tolls (e.g. Tauern Tunnel, Gleinalm Tunnel, etc.)
Description of the journey
Coming from the north:
You can reach Ski amadé directly via the A8 Munich - Salzburg motorway and then via the A10 Tauern motorway or via the small German corner.
News for car drivers:
A total of 5 tunnels are currently being renovated on the A10 Tauern motorway between Golling and Werfen. This means that only one lane of the motorway can be used in this section. All those travelling via the A10 motorway should therefore allow enough time for their journey and find out about possible alternative routes and other means of transport.
Travelling from the east:
You can reach Ski amadé via the Westautobahn A1 / Tauernautobahn A10 or via the Pyhrnautobahn A9 /Ennstalbundesstraße B320. You can also reach us from Vienna via the Semmering motorway S6 and from the St. Michael junction via the Pyhrn motorway A9 and the Ennstal valley.
Coming from the south:
Coming from Graz you can reach Ski amadé via the Pyhrn motorway A9 and the Ennstal B320 and coming from the south from Carinthia, Italy or Slovenia via the Tauern motorway A10.
Further tips for travelling by car:
Avoid the main arrival times, especially
- Avoid Saturdays or travelling early in the morning or in the evening.
- Avoid the change of holidaymakers on weekends and public holidays
- Avoid travelling on weekdays if possible
Check alternative routes:
- Parallel routes via the Salzachtal Straße / B 159 or the Lammertal Straße / B 162 (observe exit restrictions!)
- Pyhrn motorway A 9 exit Spital am Pyhrn, then to Liezen and continue via the Ennstal federal road B 320
- Motorway A 8 Munich - exit 112 Traunstein/Siegsdorf and continue in the direction of B306 Inzell - Bad Reichenhall - Schneizlreuth - Lofer - Saalfelden (B 311)
- Motorway A 8 Munich - Inntal junction onto the A 93 - Innsbruck, exit Oberaudorf via Walchsee, Kössen (B 172) - exit onto Erpfendorfer Landesstraße (L 39) - Lofer - Saalfelden (B 311)
Travelling by public transport
From Salzburg, the railway line via the Salzach Valley is available with an increased frequency. The train stations of Bischofshofen (Ennstalbahn connection to the Altenmarkt, Radstadt and Schladming train stations), St. Johann, Badgastein and Bad Hofgastein (Tauernbahn via Schwarzach station) and Saalfelden are particularly suitable for travelling to the ski areas.