"Gulasch Soup" – make it yourself
In many aspects this soup is better than the rest of the soups offered at the many ski huts you will find next the slope. Gulash Soup is more filling than the other soups, which mostly consist of clear beef broth, and it's an explosion of different spices inside your mouth.
In this blog post, I will gladly teach you the secret art of making this wonderful dish yourself, so that you may satisfy your hunger at home as well.
20 g grease, oil, or bacon
Salt, pepper, marjoram
1 bay leaf, garlic
2 tbsp tomato paste
200 g beef or pork (diced)
20 g flour
¾ l water
100 g potatoes
- First, brown the chopped onion in grease, oil, or with bacon until golden yellow.
- Add the paprika, vinegar, the rest of the spices, and the diced beef or pork, and brown it on all sides.
- Next, add half a litre of water, and let simmer until the meat softens enough to melt on your tongue.
- Use the flour to thicken the soup and pour in the rest of the water.
- Dice the potatoes and boil them in the soup until soft.
- Enjoy with some white bread.
I hope this simple recipe will fill your home with joy as it did mine