A Hochkönig winter
120 km of pistes, 33 modern lifts, the most beautiful ski circuit in the Alps, delicious culinary delights and more. Welcome to the snow-covered peak of your emotions!
When fabulous snow-covered landscape combines with perfectly prepared pistes, and skiers and freestylers find themselves just as much in their element as cross-country skiers and lovers of gourmet food, then the Hochkönig winter season has begun. The new Gabühel lift in Dienten opens for the first time in the 2019/20 season, providing even more comfort and skiing fun. The Hochkönig is truly an Eldorado for winter sports fans and gourmet connoisseurs. This is where the heart of winter is beating!
in the Hochkönig region
A Hochkönig winter is not a question of either-or...
...but rather both-and.
Extensive, wide and perfectly groomed slopes make the hearts of skiers and snowboarders beat faster – no matter whether it's the first turns on the practice slope or the sporting challenges on the Marlies Schild training track. With three snow and fun parks – the Kings Park in Mühlbach is even one of the longest parks in Austria – and on an 850 metre long funslope, there is always fun to be had on the move. Away from the groomed slopes, new challenges await. Powder and glittering deep-snow slopes promise pure happiness for freeriders.
A few metres from the ski slopes, cross-country skiers can do their laps in front of the majestic backdrop of the Hochkönig. 40 kilometres of groomed trails are available. Maria Alm also entices you with a night time cross-country skiing track and on the high-altitude trails in Mühlbach and on the Dientner Sattel you can glide over the snow close to the sky. Winter holidaymakers also experience pure enjoyment when tobogganing, winter hiking, ski touring or whilst on a horse-drawn sleigh ride.
5 reasons for the perfect winter holiday in the Hochkönig region
- Experience the entire ski area in just one day:
6 peaks, 35 kilometres of piste and 7,500 metres of altitude difference await you on the Kings Tour. Make the tour unforgettable and capture it at the photo points Aberg Langeck, Gabühel and Kings Cab mountain station along the tour.
- Indulge like a king:
The culinary royal tours combine winter sports and enjoyment in a unique way. The tours go from ski hut to ski hut and from course to course. Whether it's love of the local area, enjoyment of the peaks or a love of mountain huts – you can start the tours every day throughout the entire ski area.
- Family winter in the Hochkönig:
With unbeatable offers such as the family bonus, young family tickets, the Easter family special or the Junior Weekend Bonus, you can take your turns in the ski area with peace of mind, while your children are safely looked after in the Schneewutzel children's club or in the ski school.
- Off-piste winter fun:
Discover the freedom of the Hochkönig region on snowshoes, on a ski tour or on an evening toboggan run.
- The feeling of “THERE IS SO MUCH TO EXPERIENCE”:
On the Hochkönig, events are more than just a supporting programme. Casual music events like the Alpine Craft Festival, culinary highlights like the Gondel.Alm.Genuss and traditional event classics like the Skihüttenroas - there's always something going on at the peak of emotions.
Summer holidays at the peak of your emotions
Maria Alm, Dienten and Mühlbach
Around the majestic Hochkönig are the villages of Maria Alm, Dienten and Mühlbach with their wide variety of attractive summer experiences on offer. There are about 340 km of marked hiking paths simply waiting to be discovered.
Experienced climbers will find plenty of challenging climbs at high altitude, and for those who prefer things a bit more leisurely, the 14 herbal Alms in the Hochkönig Region are just the thing. If you prefer to travel on two wheels, then indulge in the breathtaking mountain panorama, either with or without support (there are over 20 electric bike charging points making the region, perfect for lengthier rides).
6 reasons to spend perfect summer holidays in the Hochkönig region:
- An extended hiking break:
- "Der Königsweg": Leads over 74 km and 4 stages along the Hochkönig massif through the Steinerne Meer and the Dientner Grasberge.
- "Ach du grüne Neune": Long-distance hike from herbal hut to herbal hut - let us spoil you with culinary delights at our 14 herbal huts.
- "Hochkönig Hüttenhüpfer": Experience the "picture book landscape" of the Hochkönig region and "hop" from alpine hut to alpine hut.
- Other long-distance hiking trails that lead through our region: "Salzburger Almenwelt", "Via Alpina", "Pinzga' Hatscha".
- Around the majestic Hochkönig – perfect on an E-bike – 111km, over 5,000 vertical metres
- Natrun, “the prince’s mountain” in Maria Alm is an experience for all the family, with a high ropes course, forest slide park, and flow trail. What takes your fancy?
- Whizz down into the valley on mountain carts from Toni´s Alm playground.
- Discover the ancient legends and secret tales surrounding the village of Dienten using an audio guide.
- Experience herbs on visits to the Herbal Alms.
From summer 2023 NEW: Austria's first swing park at over 1600 m above sea level (at Gabühel).
And all that on one ticket, the Hochkönig Card, offering you many free attractions and discounts.