NEW from winter 2020/21
Skiing from A to Z – from Alpendorf to Zauchensee
From this winter you can experience more lifts, slopes and variety than ever before: From December 2020, the new Panorama Link lift will connect the already connected ski areas of Zauchensee, Flachauwinkl and Kleinarl with Snow Space Salzburg.
This will create one of the largest and most diverse winter sports regions in Europe with 12 peaks, 5 valleys, 210 kilometres of slopes, a wide variety of freestyle parks and countless freeride spots.
The many highlights in Zauchensee/Flachauwinkl
- Absolute snow guarantee the whole winter season thanks to the high alpine location between 1,000 and 2,100 m
- Easy access via the Tauern Autobahn A10, in Flachauwinkl even with direct connection to the Tauern Autobahn A10
- Wide range of slopes for beginners, connoisseurs and experts with many highlights such as Zauchi's Children’s Land, Family Park, Ski movie routes, photo points, training routes on the Kogelalm
- The most contemporary service at the bottom stations in Zauchensee and Flachauwinkl, including sports shop, ski service, ski depot, restaurants and information service at our ticket offices
- Top trained ski instructors and guides in our ski schools
- Venue of the FIS Alpine Women's Ski World Cup on the spectacular World Cup downhill course Kälberloch vom Gamskogel
- High quality accommodation directly on the slopes and hotels with top gastronomy
- NEW from winter 2020/21: 12 peaks, 5 valleys and endless possibilities – thanks to the new Panorama Link cable car, you can ski from A to Z – from Alpendorf via Wagrain, Flachau, Kleinarl to Zauchensee/Flachauwinkl.
Zauchensee – an exceptional ski resort
In many ways
The Zauchensee-Flachauwinkl ski area offers challenging and varied runs, wide carving slopes, excellent freeride routes including the legendary "East" on the Gamskogel, several tree runs and racing history with downhill world champion Michael Walchhofer, who is at home here. For 40 years, Zauchensee has hosted FIS World Cup races. On the Kälberloch slope of the Gamskogel, one of the most demanding and spectacular tracks in the women's ski world cup, this is the main location for the Downhill and Super-G speed competitions.
Zauchensee offers ideal conditions for the children with the Kogelalm training centre, including two closed training tracks for slalom or giant slalom.
To share the fun on the slopes with others, take to the three Funslope Skimovie routes at Gamskogel, Riesentorlauf at the Kogelalm and Parallelslalom at the Seekarlift, and the Skiline Photopoints at the Gamskogel II and the Rosskopf. The perfectly prepared Zauchensee slopes offer skiing fun in a class of their own. The ski area is also a hotspot for freeriders. In addition to the famous "East" variant of the Gamskogel, there are numerous powder runs on pristine slopes. These are best found together with local guides from our ski schools, who know exactly where the perfect powder snow is hidden.
Large range of services in the Salzburg ski area
The "Zauchensee World Cup arena" and "Highport Flachauwinkl" service valley stations are not just entry points to the Zauchensee-Flachauwinkl ski resort. This is where you will find free parking for cars and buses, well-stocked sports shops with ski and equipment rental and service workshop, storage and changing facilities and several quaint pubs and bars for rounding off your day.
In the ski resort, we also ensure your culinary enjoyment is taken care of. In the numerous ski lodges and mountain restaurants you can enjoy culinary delights as well as refreshments, mainly prepared with regional products and on the sun terraces you can expect beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. In Zauchi's Kinderland at the practice lift in the valley and in the Familypark on the Rosskopf, the kids will love it! Here, the little downhill demons can learn skiing in a playful way and experience their first successes.
A highlight of a completely different kind is the World Cup start on the Gamskogel: on a beautiful day, the World Cup Express takes you up to a spectacular vantage point at 2,176 m! This is where the World Cup sees the world's best female skiers races down the steep starting slope! You'll be inspired by the incredible view over the Salzburg Alps!
NEW from winter 2020/21: 12 Peaks Trophy – the ultimate skiing experience
The 12 Peaks Trophy is the most sporty way to enjoy the size and variety of the new ski connection between Zauchensee/Flachauwinkl/ Kleinarl and Snow Space Salzburg. The ski circuit takes you over the 12 most beautiful mountain peaks and 5 valleys of the ski area in the heart of Ski amadé. If you manage to complete all the slopes and cable cars which are a part of the tour, the coveted 12 Peaks Trophy will then beckon you at the end of your skiing holiday.
We wish you a lot of fun with "G'scheit Skifahren" in the Zauchensee ski paradise – experience it for yourself at Ski amadé!